KALI LINUX Persistance

Hi everyone.

The title of this post may sound silly, but many people are trying to make a persistent live usb for kali from windows, and many people don't want to use the ext4 filesystem for the 'persistence' partition, since it could reduce the lifetime of their USB. So here is my solution to this issue (apologise for the bad english).

I assume your USB has been formated (in fat32).

First of all, you will need to install universal USB installer . When it is done, launch it and follow the different steps to install kali linux on the USB.

Then, download and install minitool partition wizard. When it is done, launch it, select "move/resize partition" to proceed to format a new partition of your desired size to be used for persistence. Select the "ext 2" filesystem, and Label it "persistence". Then apply change (you also need to set partition as primary, buy you do not need to "set active")

Now, plug the USB stick into the computer you want to boot up. Make sure your BIOS is set to boot from your USB device. When the Kali Linux boot screen is displayed, select “Live” from the menu (this is the first choice).

Ok, the system should start. Launch the terminal, and then type (this is for kali 1.0.7):

mkdir -p /mnt/my_usb
mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt/my_usb
echo "/ union" > /mnt/my_usb/persistence.conf
umount /dev/sdb2

For earlier version, you can use this one, which is basically doing the same thing:

mkdir /mnt/usb
mount /dev/sdb2 /mnt/usb
echo "/ union" >> /mnt/usb/persistence.conf
umount /mnt/usb


Check that the peristence conf is now on your "persistence" partition. Shutdown the system. Restart the computer and launch kali linux by selecting the "live USB persistence" option in the boot menu.

You're done

Comments

  1. In the future, I want to avoid reading a blog article that has disappointed me so much that I won't even bother to open it.
    It was my choice to read, but I was hoping you might have something to say.
    The only thing I hear from you, if you weren't thirsty for attention, is a scream for help over something that could easily be addressed.
    avast activation code download
    windows 8 activator
    windows 7 torrent ultimate iso file download 32 64 bit
    ashampoo antivirus crack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say I am impressed. I rarely come across a blog
    it's just as informative and interesting, and no doubt it's you
    a nail on the head. The problem is, too few people talk smart about it.
    I'm so glad I found this while searching about it.
    wifispoof crack with license key
    windows 10 crack activation key download
    movavi photo manager crack
    windows server 2016 crack

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular This Time